Sunday, November 23, 2014

Made it to Uganda!

Start at 5:00 pm at JFK on Tuesday November 11. 7 hour plane to Brussels. 3 hour lay over in Brussels where I fell asleep (see picture below). 10 hour plane to Rwanda, brief 50 minute layover on the ground. 30 minute trip to Entebbe, Uganda landing at 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday November 12 Uganda time which is about 3 p.m. Eastern Time.


Brief sleep and then dive right into training. We stayed at a beautiful farm but unfortunately did not get much time to explore. Lots of team building and getting to know one another. I had some trouble figuring out technology and had to make some extra calls to get my iPhone unlocked but it is all working so please WhatsApp or viber me!! my uganda phone number is in the contact part.

Today we moved from the farm to a primary teacher college for "teacher bootcamp" for the next three weeks. After that we go to homestay for our language training. We found out our placements a few days ago and I found out I will be in the central region north of Masaka which is what I wanted!! I'm going to have to look out for Zebras!

So they have been keeping us busy and apparently we stay that way for the next 2 and a half months so I apologize for not posting as often but I promise when I am at my sight by myself and lonely and homesick I will post all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment